Visiting Pittsburgh during the winter months is a great choice as there are many activities planned to keep Pittsburgh’s guests and residents busy. Whether interests lie in sports or the arts, this city aims to please. Downtown Pittsburgh accommodations allow visitors to participate in these winter activities easily and conveniently as many are within walking distance or a short taxi ride away. Booking one of the many downtown Pittsburgh hotel rooms we have on offer gives visitors a birds-eye view of the activity Pittsburgh has to offer. Here are a few planned activities to turn the winter doldrums into winter fun.
- Carnegie Science Center: featuring a Holiday Miniature Railroad & Village during December.
- Pittsburgh Light Up Night: letting the city sparkle in holiday cheer.
- People’s Gas Holiday Market: featuring the downtown Pittsburgh shopping area where visitors shop along a route inspired by the German tradition of decorated chalets lit with white holiday lights to inspire even the most reluctant holiday shopper. Open daily through late November until third week of December.
- The Rat Pack Christmas: features Christmas and holiday traditional music during last week of December.
- Pittsburgh Ballet: featuring The Nutcracker throughout December.
- First Night Pittsburgh: brings in the New Year with a punch, hosting fireworks, dancing, music, theater activities and lots of fun.
Entertainment Throughout Winter Months
Museums of Pittsburgh
Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
Roller Derby featuring the hometown Steel City Derby Demons
Schenley Park Skating Rink
PPG Plaza for outdoor ice skating
Women’s Basketball at the University of Pittsburgh
National Hockey League games with the Pittsburgh Penguins at Consol Energy Center
Pittsburgh Steelers Football at Heinz Field
Restaurants and Nightlife
Besides the many planned activities during a winter visit to Pittsburgh, there is a plethora of fine restaurants covering all cuisines, leaving palettes more than satisfied. Nightlife booms in the evenings with plenty of clubs and bars for dancing and socializing all within walking distance from downtown Pittsburgh hotel rooms. Choose one of the many downtown Pittsburgh accommodations for a comfortable, relaxing oasis from the bustle of Pittsburgh’s winter activities.
With these exciting activities and entertainment choices Pittsburgh has planned throughout the winter months, visitors to this fine city will have little idle time. For a great winter getaway, book downtown Pittsburgh accommodations and visit some of the excellent events Pittsburgh has to offer. Chase the chill away this winter in amazing downtown Pittsburgh.